Upper West Side Options
- Todd May 17, 2001 01:40 PM
The Upper West side does have some decent places to eat:
1. Neo, on Broadway around 82nd, is a good neo-sushi place. Not cheap.
2. Ryku, another Japanese place on Columbus around 84th (one block up, and across from, Columbus Bakery). Decent and the dinner box special is quite a lot of food for the money.
3. Tibet Shambla. Modest but tasty. Amsterdam and around 83rd. Dumplings are good and I like the lamb Curry.
4. Royal Kabob House, on Broadway around 103. Better than average Indian and well priced.
5. Silk Road Palace. OK and cheap chinese, at Amsterdam and around 81st.
6. Gaberila's, the one on Amsterdam and 91st is a bit cheaper. The roast chicken is quite good and a good buy.
7. Fred's. American upscale bar fare. Good for what it is. Amsterdam, around 84th.
8. The little French Bakery on 74th, near Broadway, in the Asonia. Very good baked stuff, plus sandwiches and a soup of the day. Good. Closes at 7:00.
9. Cafe La Grolla.Amsterdam and 79th. Quite good but a little expensive.
10. Monsoon, on Amsterdam around 81st, is a better than average and slightly upscale Vietnamese.
Yes, I can't spell.