The Perfect Lunch?
Taken today at the Pearl Oyster Bar on Cornelia Street:
- A glass (or two) of Pinot Gris.
- A bowl of silken, smoky clam chowder with bacon.
- A dozen briny, glistening oysters, just opened.
- A fresh, sweet, unchilled lobster roll, on toasty, buttery bread, with the best thin Julienne potatoes still sizzling from the fryer.
- For dessert, a dozen plump, sweet steamers, with broth and clarified butter.
Actually, I watched a friend slurp the oysters, but still, what could be better?
If I didn't have to drive afterwards, maybe another glass of wine.
Actually, I've never understood the appreciation of good seafood wrapped in too much bread. This covers lobster rolls, lobster club sandwiches and "erster" po-boys.
I also have a sweet tooth and really enjoy a real dessert, even if it's just a piece of fruit, but otherwise it sounds tempting.