Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Manhattan >
Nov 19, 1998 12:07 PM

English Malt Balls

  • s

The English Malt Balls mentioned in the latest dinner
review, are called "Maltesers". They are truly
and can be obtained in Manhattan at Myers of Keswick,
Hudson St between Horatio and Jane.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. My god, what would I do without cyberspace. Thank you (sob)


    1 Reply
    1. re: Jim Leff
      Frank Language

      Ah, but they're not just at Myers of Keswick; Kam Man
      Foods on Canal between Mott and Mulberry has Maltesers
      and a variety of Hong Kong-style foods (think Pocky and
      Pretz), plus cookies in tins and strange dried things.

      I have to admit, today I was waiting in line at
      Citibank and absently scarfing Maltesers, thinking,
      "These aren't so great," and before I knew it I'd eaten
      half the box. They are more addicive than potato chips;
      be very afraid.