The Kindness of The Chowhound Experience
- Randy Salenfriend Jan 23, 2002 10:43 AM
Last night, my friend Rochelle McCune, in answer to my desperate plea for a Rosamunde burger, made a Herculean effort to snag one of these babies. Alas, her efforts were in vain, as the patron in front of her scored the last one.
Nonetheless, this is a prime example of the best qualities of people and she has my thanks for even trying. Next week we shall be victorious!!
Veni, vedi, burger!!
1. Chowhounders are definately a "breed" apart.
2. If Rochelle did that for you, I think you should propose to her.
3. OK, where is Rosamunde, I know you Northern Californians think we are all unwashed heathens down here in the south, but once in a while we do make the pilgramige to the Promised Land, and we do at least deserve a chance to find out for ourselves what you folks think is the quintessential burger.
re: Chino Wayne
1. Yes we are, aren't we and d**n proud of it!
2. No can do, we are both spoken for. However, I will buy her a beer next time I see her. (which just happens to be Saturday @ Memphis Minnie's)
3. Nah, we No Cal folks don't really think those terrible things about you So Calers. I used to live down there (San Diego) so I know of what I speak. It's only the area we bag on! You know, especially freeway speak e.g. "Take the 10 to the 405 to the 55 to 710". Help!!
4. Rosamunde is @ 545 Haight St., although the location is the only thing with which I am familiar.
Take care & Happy Chowing