Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Washington DC & Baltimore >
Oct 2, 2000 10:39 AM

Sad News

  • b

One of the Washington area's most beloved restaurants, L'Auberge Chez Francois, was severely damaged by an electrical fire Saturday.

Most damage was to the kitchen, but the dining areas suffered smoke and water damage as well.

Owner Francois Haeringer vows to reopen in time for the holidays.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. L'Auberge is -- was -- perfectly nice for that 'rents-are-in-town dinner, when Dad's payin'; [or] the need to impress the new chick down the hall on our first dinner-date (after Xmas bonus); but way, way pricey, and the froggy grub is waayy meilleur at Bistrot Lepic (Wisc Ave north of the Social Safeway). But hate to see anything burn. . . .