Phoenix Article: Confused Writer Seeks Input
- Ruth Tobias
Apologies for the delay, but the deal finally came through, so I'm doing an article on you all for the Phoenix. Below are listed some interview questions; if any or all of you would be inclined to respond to them in an e-mail to me at email@example.com, I'd be greatly obliged. The reason Chowhound is so interesting to me is that you're such a diverse bunch, and I want to hear your stories.
Also, I'd love to know if there are any upcoming events.
I look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible, and I thank you much for letting me crash your party.
(Quick note: I'm confused because, as a message board neophyte, I'm not quite sure I understand if there's an easier way to follow the message chain other than just scrolling down. I mean, how do you keep track of all the simultaneous conversations? Does that sound terribly ignorant?)
1. A brief history of you: Where you're from, what you do, an early food memory that shaped the chowhound you are today.
2. What first brought you to the Chowhound site? Once there, was there a specific moment at which you were hooked, at which you became a regular?
3. Explain, being as specific as you can, what you have learned/gained from your experiences with Chowhound, what keeps you coming back.
4. Describe a shining moment (or moments) for you as a chowhound: When you "discovered" a particular food, restaurant, etc.
5. Have you had any contact with Chowhounds in other regions? With Chowhound's founder? Explain.
6. What do you like best about Chowhound.com, the concept? Would you change anything about it, and if so, what?
7. Tell me anything else that you consider pertinent and interesting.
Thanks again to you all