- Dave Feldman Nov 15, 1999 11:06 PM
Some friends and I are going to be staying at the Marriott Copley for a convention that will impose some weird conditions on us:
1. Perhaps most limiting, we need to eat dinner between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 or so on Friday--Monday.
2. We'll have a baby with us some of the time, and prefer to eat in establishments where customers and staff won't give us the evil eye.
3. Proximity to the area is great but not vital if we can get eat and get back in 2 hours or so.
4. Obviously, we'd love hyperdeliciousness in the bargain.
I don't know Boston well at all, so it's hard for me to evaluate the recommendations already posted on the board. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.
You might want to try the Indian restaurant Himaliya. It's been getting kudos for being the best Indian place in Boston (although I haven't been there yet). It's close by on Comm(onwealth) Ave., and is pretty cheap to boot.
If you take a short walk/cab to the area near Fenway Park, there's a string of good restaurants on Peterborough Street. Everyone I know has been raving about Sorento's, an attractive but laid-back Italian place. There's the Linwood Bar & Grill, which for my money has the best BBQ in Boston, and a nice dining area to boot. There's also a great, small Mexican place (full disclosure: my fiance works there, but we started eating there before she worked there) called El Pelon.
You might also check boston.citysearch.com, or the restaurant listings at www.bostonphoenix.com, if nothing here appeals to you. They tend to be the most reliable sources of restaurant info.
Are you going to the AAR meeting?