Hilton Head Island - chowhound worthy eats?
My family and I am heading to Hilton Head Island on Monday for 1 1/2 weeks. We are going with family and expect to eat out a few times (lunch and dinner). I've perused the HHI web site, it appears there are plenty of choices. I need to sift some through this and get some recommendations from any chowhounds who have visited the island.
Hope you are checking your post while away. I am new to Chowhound, so haven't seen your post till today.
I have family on Hilton Head and have been going to the island several times a year for ten years. Lots of restaurants on the island, but many are tourist traps and over priced.
My recommednations are as follows:
1) Truffles on Sea Pines plantation. Great selection, something for everyone. Try the ribs, fall off the bone good.
2) Amigos Cafe Y Cantina, 70 Pope Ave, Phone: (843) 785-8226 - Great fish burritos and homemade salsa bar.
3) Edible Pursuits - located in a nondescript strip mall, they serve a great Sat. and Sun. breakfast buffet. The interior is nothing special, but the Sat. and Sun. buffet food is well prepared. Don't expect a Golden Corral - like 2,000 entree buffet. It is very small, but all very good!
4) It's Greek to Me - Authentic Greek food run by an authentic Greek family. Huge portions!
5) Delvecchio's - Best damned pizza on the island in traditional NY style.