Best Prime Rib - Sunrise-Ft. Lauderdale-NW Broward
- Dick Oct 31, 2003 01:56 PM
This may be a difficult request 4U Chowhounds...
I'm looking for a restaurant serving much better than average prime rib in the NW Broward county area. I'm trying to get my 80yr old parents to step UP from their usual trip to Hops, Outback or Roadhouse Grill so here are some other considerations aside from much better than average taste and/or meat grade used:
- is ok to recommend a fine dining chain vs. a family or chef owned local restaurant
- 15 mile radius of Sunrise is ideal, but would consider 25 miles for great prime rib; central Miami gets too far to drive for the old folks (its driving back "full" thats the problem..lol)
- one should be able to order the size cut one prefers from 8-12oz small, 16oz with or without bone to 24oz or custom cut man-size
- ideally the price/pound is posted allowing one to custom order any size cut, if not, the prices should avg. under $20pp for 16oz no bone cut, other cuts proportionally priced.
- simple salad and potato side choices are fine, desserts or appetizers aren't required (rarely ordered)
- if your recommendation serves better than average flame broiled meat including no-bone/bone-in rib steak or NY cut shell or full porterhouse consider it a plus on the overall restaurant rating
My parents are just ordinary folk who like to eat meat but haven't had the economic opportunity to eat the finest. I'm trying to nudge them to a loftier experience within their typical driving distance.
Thanks in advance,