Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Ontario (inc. Toronto) >
Sep 30, 2004 11:04 AM

Where to get Modified Corn Starch?

  • p

Hi all.

A pie recipe I have calls for Modified Corn Starch. I did some research on the web and it seems like it's only used by mass production of food products. Does anyone know where I may buy modified corn starch? I already searched Bulk Barn and they don't have any (and haven't heard of what it is).

Thanks in advance!!

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. You can find the product in retail circles under several names, "Whipit" and "Thick-it" are the two I can remember. I think the brand is Oetker.

    1 Reply
    1. re: funfoodie

      Thanks for the reply! I've used Whip-It before but didn't know it's all modified corn starch!

      Would you tell me where I can find "Thick-It"? It sounds interesting and comes in a bigger tub than WhipIt.

      Thanks so much!