Yonge&Eglinton - breakfast, eggs benny, brunch buffet?
- Mae Jul 15, 2004 12:14 PM
I recently moved in the Yonge&Eglinton area and being a true breakfast lover, I have been trying to find places with good breakfast/brunch menus, especially good eggs benedict and brunch buffets.
Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance.
Right. Not worth half the price they charge. On week-ends the place is crowded, the service (though friendly) is hectic and the food is not that good. As I said before: Too bad.(See my posting on June 26)- Someone had some good words for Maggie's, 175 Eglington West. I did not try it yet.
If you don't mind travelling a bit on Eglinton, head east to Laird and check out Marvellous Edibles. I've always enjoyed brunch there on the weekends. I think they're closed Sundays for the summer though. Reservations are a good idea, they are very busy. They have homemade desserts too if you still have room after brunch!
Try Alize Restaurant - an Italian restaurant that is open for brunch. 2459 Yonge east side, across from Centro.
I have never been but their brunch menu always looks very good. Some highlights here but see link for full menu.
- Fresh squeezed OJ or Champagne and OJ
- Eggs Charlotte (Poached eggs on English muffin, Norwegian smoked salmon, French capers,w. hollandaise and home fries)
- Eggs Florentine (same as above but with spinach and mushrooms sautéed in a light cream sauce)
- Eggs Benedict as well
- Omelette with choice of three fillings: Cheddar, Fontina, Mozzarella, Goat cheese, Feta, Asiago, and Bocconcini cheese, Prosciutto, Smoked Bacon, Italian Sausage, Salami, Ham, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onion, Green Pepper, Spinach, Sun dried Tomatoes, or Artichokes.
- Homemade lemon poppy-seed waffles in a blueberry sauce & crème fresh
- Baked Ham & Mushroom Strata
Thank you, everyone for your suggestions. Much appreciated!
I don't mind travelling a little for a good breakfast place, so I will give the one on Laird a try this weekend.
I already gave the Golden Griddle a try and my experience was disappointing.
The bagel place on the NE corner of Y&E, a couple of stores N on Yonge (I can't remember the exact name) has been recommended to me by a friend for their amazing bagels.