Brunch Spots I've Tried that I Like
1. Creme de la Creme (Bloor & Royal York)
2. Xacutti (College St.) - more expensive, but good.
Not always filling, depending on what you order.
3. Auntie's & Uncle's - great omlettes
(on Lippincott). Cheap. Hole in the wall place.
4. Azul - very good.
5. Irish Embassy - good but kind of expensive for
what you get.
I hear that Hot House Cafe is a must-try for brunch buffet. I also haven't tried Mildred Pierce but I hear it is great for brunch (but slow service). And Hello Toast and Bonjour Brioche I have yet to try.
Top three brunch places in my opinion are:
1) Bonjour Brioche (Queen/Degrassi) - fanastic food with changing specials, lineups can be long but fast moving, portions perhaps not as big as other restaurants, older crowd
2) Mitzy's (Sorauren west side) - fantastic food with changing specials, lineup can be long, great original homefry recipe, amazing oatmeal pancakes, funky crowd
3) Easy (Queen/Roncesvalles) - excellent food static menu, excellent take out and eat in spicy jam, funky queen west crowd